NEW!! Erasmus Mundus Master's Program in Evolutionary Biology (MEME)
For information and application materials, go to the official MEME website.
To download the flyer, please click here.
Obtain a joint Master's degree from multiple universities
- MEME (the Erasmus Mundus Master's Program in Evolutionary Biology) is a brand new two-year research-oriented Master's program for talented and motivated students who are interested in understanding evolution in all its facets.
- Four European universities are involved in this program, including the LMU; the University of Groningen, Netherlands; Uppsala University, Sweden; University of Montpellier II, France. Harvard University, USA, is also associated with the programme.
- Students will spend their first semester at either Groningen or Uppsala, and their second semester at the LMU or Montpellier. After that, students may choose where they want to complete their Master's research. They might select a third university, including Harvard, stay at their second university, or return to their first university.
- Students who decide to come to Munich will take coursework and do research in partnership with the EES Program.
- Upon completion of the program, students will be awarded double or (in some cases) triple degrees from two or three partner universities.
- For all information, questions, and application materials, please go to the MEME website.
- To learn more about the Erasmus Mundus program in general, please go to the Erasmus Mundus website.
Information on Munich
- To obtain a degree from the LMU, students need to collect at least half of their credits (60 ECTS) from the University of Munich
- During your first semester in Munich, you need to carry out 15 ECTS in courses, as well as a 15 ECTS project. During your second semester, you will be working on your first 30 ECTS project.
- For more information on the Munich-side of the programme, please go to the EES website.
- The talk on EES and the LMU that I held at the 2011 MEME Summer School can be downloaded here. For the talk from the 2012 MEME Summer School, click here.
- Guideline to filling out the "Online Immatriculation" form
Information and forms to fill out while here
For me to make it easier to keep track of everyone, you are required to fill out the following forms during your stay here:
These forms will give me information on which courses you'll be visiting and where you will be carrying out your different projects, along with who your supervisor(s) is(are), how many ECTS, etc. Please note, that all 30 ECTS projects carried out here at the LMU will count as a thesis project!
Registration here at the LMU
As stated in the guidelines above, you need to be registered here for the last semester of the MEME program if you want a degree from the LMU. As most of you will have been registered here for your 2nd and 3rd semesters, this means that you will have to fill out an application for a so-called "Urlaubssemester". Basically, this allows you to remain in the university system with a matriculation number, although you will be enrolled in a different MEME partner university. All information on how to go about this can be found in the guidelines, but you can also read the LMU page on this. You can also download the application form here.